Sunday 17 April 2011

This can't be described as a really successful weekend, the way I hoped it would pan out, but it did pretty well!


On Saturday I made my first batch of cold process soap; I'm very pleased that I finally tried my hand at it, though it doesn't seem to have been completely successful. In fact, though I won't know for sure for several weeks, I think I need a bit more practise. I overpoured one kind of oil by 10 grams so left another low by 10 grams, but that's not really how soap making works! I'll try again, I really want to make a coffee soap to help me wake up in the mornings during winter.

Today I had a family lunch to attend (meeting a cousin from Queensland!) and asked J to run an errand for me and pick up some wood from the disposal yard so we can build a chicken coop this Easter. He got everything I asked for, so as soon as I got back to mum and dad's, we went to the hardware store to pick up some screws. We need to go back for chicken wire as well, but while we were there I couldn't resist a visit to the garden section. I've been wanting to get a lemon tree for ages now, but couldn't justify the price; we wandered past the citrus and found Meyer lemons reduced to $15! There's now one sitting out the front with a new little strawberry plant to keep my crazy strawberry happy.

Fortunately this week is a short one, and a very rare calendar means a five day Easter/ANZAC holiday, so J and I should be able to get plenty done this weekend (and hopefully still have lots of time to mooch around and be lazy, too).

1 comments:

Kate said...

Welcome to blogland, Erin! Enjoy the journey.

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 sally cottontail. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.