Sunday 3 April 2011

My name is Erin. I also go by Bunny, and I've started this blog as a companion to the changes I'm making in my life.
Until recently (about 18 months ago) the only plants I could keep alive were roses; not even cacti were safe from me! If it didn't make noise to remind me of its existence, I couldn't keep it alive. Every spring I had grand plans of starting a veggie garden, and once, I did. It was a terrible disaster, and the lives of the tomato plants sacrificed in my name will be forever remembered. I forgot to water everything, we planted directly into the soil (which was really clay). I just didn't seem to be cut out for it.
Somehow that seems to have changed. I built a raised garden bed. I planted things. Most of them didn't die (corn right before a cold snap was not a good idea). In fact, some things have appeared that I didn't plant. I planted another veggie patch. I made my own seed tape. I water, I weed, I keep things alive. I'm getting there.

That's what this blog is about. I'm planning to document my transition from a black thumbed plant killer to a green thumbed gardener, through blood, sweat and tears. Hopefully someone else's, because blood makes me a little faint. I want to learn to do things for myself, from keeping my turf alive to making things, helping others and being less reliant on external sources. I'll always be a suburbanite at heart, but every little helps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 sally cottontail. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.