Sunday 3 April 2011

I thought I'd best publish the photos I took with my phone yesterday (to prove to my mother that things are indeed alive out there) sooner rather than later. That way I'll be able to see a bit of change as time goes on.

First;
This is an accidental plant. This is presumably what happens when you use donated chicken manure from someone's backyard as a layer or two in your veggie patch. It appears to be a pumpkin plant, but I'm unsure.

These two pictures are why I'm unsure. The top one does seem to have a very plump lower section, but I can't tell if it's a female flower or not. The two flowers are from the same plant.

Easier territory to deal with; I planted this pea! Several of my little pea plants are flowering, and I'm excited to see them progress. I need to get out some wire to run across the patch so they have more to cling to. Ahh, progress, I love you!


These 'little' guys have sprung up behind my veggie patch near my back fence. I'm guessing they're fate's way of telling me to pull my head in; I only found them after complaining about my complete lack of luck with those mushroom boxes. I've love to have those work..fresh yummy mushrooms all the time would be amazing.


Size reference on the larger of the two. Not an inconsequential mushroom considering I have fairly large hands. Pity something ate it before I found it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 sally cottontail. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.