Sunday 20 October 2013

For a long time now I've wanted to give cheese making a try, but I was a bit scared of the implied commitment. What if I bought a kit and hated the whole thing?
Last weekend I gave in and bought the Mozzarella and Hard Cheese making kit from Green Living Australia and it arrived at the end of the week. I've just made my first mozzarella and aside from a little hiccup (should have kneaded the salt in better) I'm pretty happy!
During the course of the week I also purchased a brew kit via Gumtree from a lovely older couple. They offered to sell us some more bottles and I definitely misheard the quantity, because we'll need to make at least one more car trip to get them. The price is good though and at worst, I can share the bottles with some friends that brew. At best, we'll get a lot of beer put aside next winter (I did mention to my mum that she should donate a little space in her always-cool home to my brewing endeavours jokingly, that would be nice!).
We also got some work done in the garden and I've been working on sewing a bag but for now, my bed is calling me.

1 comments:

Leigh said...

Hi Erin, I came by to return the blog visit and thank you for taking the time to comment on mine. I see you haven't blogged in awhile, but I have to say your cheeses look pretty! I hope you're still making cheese. :)

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 sally cottontail. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.