Monday 14 October 2013

Tonight after work I got stuck into planting! First up were some San Marzano tomatoes I got as little seedlings; they went straight into my raised bed with my basil seedlings. Topped that off with some pea straw and then had the bright idea to move my capsicums, eggplants and chillies out the back to get more sunlight. There's only a few of those..or a few of as many varieties as I can get (jalapeno, habanero and all the ones I got on Saturday, eggplants I got .50c for a punnet..).
Then we surrounded the bed with chicken wire. Hopefully the chooks can't beat that! They did get into a lower one last week and eat almost every thing so I need to start again on corn, beans and squash. Fingers crossed!

In the background the compost heap is visible;

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright (c) 2010 sally cottontail. Design by Wordpress Themes.

Themes Lovers, Download Blogger Templates And Blogger Templates.